When cats are stressed or unsure they often become frightened or aggressive. Feliway® Diffusers help your cat to feel secure and happy, even in different surroundings or changed situations.
When a cat feels safe in its environment, it will deposit pheromone (scent) marks on furniture or other prominent objects. These marks convey a message of well-being and a feeling of safety. Feliway® mimics the cat’s natural facial pheromones to create a state of familiarity and security in the cat's local environment. As soon as you plug the diffuser into a socket in the room and it starts to distribute pheromones into the air. The vial will last for about 4 weeks in an area 50-70 m².
Feliway® is available as a diffuser and as a spray and both can be used to make your cat feel safe and secure. It can help to calm your cat if it is showing symptoms of stress and to reduce stress when there is disruption to your cat’s environment. It is also ideal when integrating a new cat into a multi cat household.
Feliway® at a glance:
- Contains synthetic copy of the feline facial pheromone F3
- Available as a diffuser and as a smaller, spray version for when you are out and about
- Ideally start to use Feliway® about 1 week prior to any event which may stress your cat. Continue to use it for at least 4 weeks after the event
- When training your cat continue to use Feliway® for a further two weeks successful completion
- Also suitable for long-term use
- Reduces stress and creates a feeling of safety and well-being in unfamiliar situations
- Use as a preventative measure in new environments (when moving home, transporting your cat, when staying away from home)
- Ideal as a preventative measure against spray and scratch marking
- Helps to calm cats which are noise sensitive or stressed
- Suitable as an integration aid in a multi-cat household
- No side effects
- Doesn't cover up nasty odours
- Odourless to people and other animals
- Feliway® doesn't leave any marks or stains
- Feliway® is suitable for cats of all ages and also for sick cats
The Feliway® Diffuser is easy to use:
- Remove the vial cap and screw the diffuser onto the vial and gently tighten.
- Plug the diffuser with vial into a socket in the room where your cat is marking or where it likes to be.
- Make sure when plugging the Feliway® diffuser in, that the vial is beneath the diffuser
- Important: Please make sure that the diffuser is not covered by furniture or curtains, as this can run the risk of building up blockages, which may prevent the pheromones from dispersing in the room properly.
- Once plugged in the diffuser immediately starts to distribute the pheromones into the circulating air.
- In large homes, or if your home is on more than one storey, you should plug in several Feliway® diffusers.
- Leave the Feliway® diffuser plugged in for at least 4 weeks
- A 48ml vial will last about 4 weeks in an area approx. 50-70 m².
- If you cat continues or starts to mark while the Feliway® diffuser is plugged in, please do not punish or tell your cat off. This will only stress your pet out even more.
- If your cat persistently marks you can reinforce the effect of the Feliway® diffuser with the Feliway® spray.